Sunday, April 09, 2006

Grrrr.... some renters just don't get it..... ....

I have new tenants.

I hate them already.

To summarize their shitty behavior so far:

1. Ask us to rent them the apartment two weeks after it becomes available. Beg us to, really. We can rent it to others who will move in immediately. Fine, we'll do it, they sign the lease.

2. They call back two days later: can we move in a week early? So now I have to hustle around, find contractors to help 'turn' the apartment, re-arrange my own schedule. But I get it figured out.

3. I call to tell them the good news. Oh, sorry, we're going to stick with the original move-in date. Now I'm pissed. Fine, see you then, slam the phone down.

4. TWO DAYS LATER they call again and ask if they can again move in a week early. I know what's going on: they currently live in a condo they themselves have to rent out and are now in a pinch to have to move early so their own new tenants can move in early.

Now I'm really pissed. Absolutely not, I tell them. They whine and bitch, want to talk to my boss. Go ahead and talk with her, she and I are on the same page. And we are: she tells them that it's my decision and that's it.

Get this: they tell me that they have even scheduled movers to come on this earlier date even though I didn't tell them that it was ok. Dumbasses.

It's just all about money. They don't want to have to pay rent on two places at once.

So I tell them no. And they are now threatening to not move in. Knock yourself out, we have your deposit AND first-month's rent. Do ME a favor and don't move in. We'll have two months of YOUR money to find someone new.

They finally STFU and back down.

Goddamn people. What ever happen to common sense? Or just not making YOUR problems MY problems?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home