Monday, April 10, 2006

So this woman jumped onto Highway 101 from an overpass not too far from where I live, killing herself:

San Antonio overpass jumper identified

I ride over this overpass on my bicycle on a fairly regular basis. People have put roses and bouquets and stuff into the fence that she hopped over, as a memorial to her.

Everytime I see that, I want leave my own note:

This woman, she deserves not our sympathy, she deserves nothing but our scorn. She wanted to take her own life, which is horribly sad. But the moment she decided to brutalize and horrify innocent people with her decision, then it became simply an act of incredible selfishness. People hit her body, people ran over her corpse. Doesn't putting others through that sort of horror make her seem just a little bit selfish?

I don't hope she burns in hell or anything like that. But I do hope that wherever she might be, she understands that what she did was so wrong and so cruel to many, many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home